Friday, October 11, 2013

I am back finally!! Woohoo

Hello, Hello, Hello, and a very Happy Friday to all my crafty friends. I am finally back to getting a little crafty.  Not sure if I mentioned before that my DH and talked my parents into selling their home in Florida and moving here to Texas.  Well they did and it sold in August.  Now I should explain why we wanted them closer.  They are getting up in age (77 & 89) and my Step dad had Alzhiemer as does my MIL that lives with me and DH.  My mum is a bit younger than pop and they really had no one to assist with the house needs and not mention with their health needs.  So as of Aug. 19th they have moved to Texas.  They wanted to rent, so we found them a very nice duplex on the lake about 9 minutes from my house.  It was a hard move but so worth it.  Pop has fallen several times and it was awesome to be able to run over and pick him up for mom.  And yes we have ordered a gait belt to make it possible for her to get him up.  I believe they are happy here now, it took a while for them to feel like this is home, but they are adjusting fairly well.  I think it's me and DH getting used to have to run them everywhere from doctors, to shopping to just plain getting out, since pops can no longer drive and mom never has driven.  It's starting to all come together, I think.  And I am happy to be able to see them everyday if I want.  Here's a picture of them the first weekend they arrived, we had gone to lunch at a local pub.

 And then one of me and my Mum, isn't she just adorable
 So that is why I have been AWOL for a bit.  I have made a few cards here and there though, will be posting them soon.  Oh and my mum is a crafter also, so we can share all our stash now, yippee! OK now I will leave you with a card I made for my card groups weekly challenge. It was a card we hade to case and here is mine.

Entering this card in the following Challenge(s):



I'll be back later today hopefully to show you all the missing cards I've made while away.
Have a wonderful Friday!  Glad to be back Crafting.


Until next time 
Tootles 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Chris, the embossing looks great with the stamp!
    Like the photo's of your parents, I think you look like your mom :-)
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic of you and your mom Chris. Nice to know what you really look like since we talk all the time. Love your card did you stamp and color it before embossing it? Glad your mom is near an that you have her to craft with. Good luck with your parents. Hope to talk again soon.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....