Sunday, March 24, 2013

Teenager's Room Door Hanger

Happy Sunday everyone.  It's Chris here back with another fun and easy blog project for The Stamping Shack, where I am a DT member.  This time I made Door Hanger for a Teenage Girls room.  This will be my niece's birthday gift next month.  Now on with the project.

Supplies: 
Foam Board - cut to 4 x 9
Ruler
Circle Cutter
Color Pencils
Embellishments
Printed Digi
Card Stock of your choosing
Foam dots
Liquid Glue
Die, for sentiment
Blade
Nail file, large one



1. Print and color your digi with color pencils or what ever coloring item you choose.  I used color pencils. The image I chose is from the Stamping Shack store and is called " Chatty Girl" from the Lilliputs Range and  can be found here.  Color and put aside.

2. You should have a 4 x 9 piece of foam board ready to have a 2 3/4 in circle cut in the top about 1 inch down.  I filed the inside of circle with large nail file to soften inside edges a bit. 


3. Now cover with your choice of card stock.  I used a pretty yellow from Bazzill. Glue to foam board and be sure to cut whole nice and even. make sure to leave enough paper to fold over the side edges and glue down. Or you can add some ribbon or lace to edges. I just stuck with paper.


4.  At this point all you need to do is place your digi where you want it.  Then die cut your sentiment and attach.  Then add any embellishments you like.  I added flowers from recollection and some bling centers, plus some rhinestones.  And here is the finished project.  

You could also decorate the other side too, any way you like and make it 2 sided.  Hope you enjoyed this and have a fun Sunday.   Do stop by the Stamping Shack often as all the DT members put up some wonderful projects too. 

Until next time........
    Happy Sunday

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute idea. Love the image you cute out.
    Come and visit me if you have a chance.

    Carolyn
    http://inmystampingroom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love it what a great idea.... Love that image as well.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....