Friday, October 18, 2013

A not so perfect card.......

Happy Friday!  It's another dreary gray cloudy day here.  I have been playing around with Peel off Stickers, micro-fine glitter and Copic markers.  So far I have only made 1 that turned out the way I actually wanted it to and tossed 3 others.  So today I thought I'd share the card that I made that has a few issues, it's still an OK card, but just not as great as I would of liked.  Apparently I need a little more practice with this card technique.  Well anyways here is my not so perfect card!  

So can you see where the purple color is leaching out into the yellow?  I think maybe I used to much pressure when coloring with the copics.  It's not horrible but it could be better!  All products except the card base and black stone bling are from Elizabeth Crafts.  I love this technique, just need to practice it a bit.  Elizabeth Crafts has some cool outline stickers and their transfer sheets and dbl sided tape sheets are all very reasonable.  If you have never checked Elizabeth Crafts out, you should.  They have a great gallery and face book page with tons of pics for ideas.   I actually learned about this technique from a dear online card making Friend, Deloris. She sent me a card that was "gorjuss" earlier in the year and I have been wanting to try to make one since.   Well this was just to show that even someone who has been card making for some time has trouble sometime too, LOL

So this card was made for the Tuesday Color Challenge over at Outlawz. here is a pic of the color theme:

 At least my colors look right, even if the card is not perfect, LOL!

This card is being entered in the following Challenge(s):

             Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge  

It definitely will not win, but just had to share it anyway..... :)
Have a fun weekend.

Until next time,
Bye by




2 comments:

  1. For a 1st effort, I think this turned out very well. I love this technique and have taken several classes doing it. One suggestion: Make sure your sticker is down very well, as that can cause bleeding (ask me how I know this?!). Also your blender pen might erase some of this (sometimes it won't). I knew when I saw this scrolling up, that it was the glitter & copic technique. Really nice, and again, for the 1st time, you did great I think. (If you scroll my blog, you'll see some I did. There's another technique that I did (but similar) on a Santa last year...it's easier to do I think. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a good effort to me and those colours really pop together .... don't be so hard on your self. It is a handmade card and should express your personality in it. It is lovely and I for one would be delighted to get a card like this xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....