Sunday, July 26, 2015

Shake, Shake, Shake :)

Hi friends and a very happy Sunday to you all.  It's a beautiful day here, hot and sunny. Weather man is calling for 99 and sunny for the coming week, I love it!   So now for some crafty goodness.  I decided after seeing some really cool shaker cards that I was going to have to try one of these.  I know, I know been making cards for so many years and never attempted one of these shaker cards.  Well after a few hours of watching videos and searching Pinterest. I decided it was time to give it a go.  I used a Sizzix stamp (flowers), I colored on some gelotos  sprayed with water and moved it around with a small paint brush then let it dry and stamped the image.  Set it aside.  Then I die cut the Spellbinder die that best fit to show the image.  I used a piece of foam and traced the die shape , hand cut it out to fit the outside edge of die cut.  Foam was a bit to thick for my liking would use fun foam next time.   Attached clear film to back  prior to adding foam then added some seed beads and sequins.  Then when all was set up enough I attached to the card base and added some flowers that I had in my stash.  This card is for a sweet older lady who will be 103 end of next week.  Hoping she will like it.  I am kinda happy with it, will change the foam type used for sure next time, so I can die cut it too, the foam I had on had was way to thick to die cut, live and learn I guess......Here is the card:


Please let me know what you think and if you would of done anything different, I am still learning how to make these pretty Shaker Cards, they are fun to make! Thanks for popping by and have a fun Sunday.

I am entering this card in the following challenge:
Glitter and Sparkle - Use Something that starts with B 
I used BEADS....


Until next time
Tootles

4 comments:

  1. This is stunning for your first shaker card Chris. I have never tried this type of card yet..loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, Thank you for entering it for the Glitter n Sparkle Challenge blog x Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Birthday wish to this lady! And a big hug too. I'm impressed with your 1st ever Shaker - it sure doesn't look like your first try. (I've bought that fuse tool, still not tried to make one of these). It's a wonderful card, and she will get so much pleasure knowing you thought of her, with a very special card. TFS & stay cool..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card. Didnt think about Beads as a B.
    Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.

    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....