Saturday, October 20, 2012

Oh Boy, Another Birthday Card!

Happy Saturday afternoon all.  I just rec'd a phone call from a friend that we are invited to another gathering of friends for a girlfriends 50th Birthday.  She is not the girlie girl, flowery type so I had to come up with something different for her.  And she is also know as the "Bag Lady" she always has what you need in a bag somewhere on her person or in her truck, really no joking!  And she didn't want a big party (it's her 50th) so a few close friends are getting together at the local pub/restaurant tomorrow afternoon. So here is the card, it's a little different for me but I know she will appreciate it.  I used this stamp from Stamps Happen called Big Girl Panties.  Have it had for a long time and this was the perfect occasion to use it.  Colored it with Faber Castel Pencils and OMS. Corner punched dots and round corner punched the white top layer then layered Paper Studio papers on the base and used the round punch on them also.  She loves green so hence all the green.  I added the black flowers since it's her 50th! (the flowers are from:Creative Imaginations, Studio Collection.  The phrase on the bag says" Put on your Big Girl Panties and Deal with It!"  I also stamped the small Happy Birthday to front from JustRite Stampers.  I like it actually, wasn't sure while making it that I would, but it turned out pretty OK. Don't you think so too?

Well that's it for today.  Need to think about dinner and plan on doing some knitting this evening, hopefully.  Have great weekend!

Until next time,
Tootles.................

4 comments:

  1. What a great 50th birthday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love.... My friend loved the card!

      Delete
  2. very different for a birthday card nice change from the ordinary floweres .
    bravo good imagination..

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to hear from my followers and other crafty friends, and read every comment left. So please leave me your comments. It makes my day, really....